Book Summary: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
Title: 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
Author: Amy Morin
Read date: 21-August-2020
Tags: personal development
Have you ever wondered what differentiates mentally strong people from weak minded people? It’s a set of habits that they make sure they don’t fall into. This book gives you 13 things to stay far away from to develop mental fortitude.
Motivation to read:
We have a mind and a body. Most times the emphasis lies on developing physical strength but the battlefield is in the mind, learning to develop mental strength is equally as important to living a balanced life.
3 reasons to read:
- You want to develop mental strength.
- You want to know the habits to avoid in other to become a mentally strong person.
- You want to hear from a therapist without going to see one; the author is a therapist and gives illustrations with stories of her patients.
- They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- They don’t give away their power.
- They don’t shy away from change.
- They don’t focus on things they can’t control.
- They don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
- They don’t fear taking calculated risks.
- They don’t dwell on the past.
- They don’t make the same mistakes over and over.
- They don’t resent other people’s success.
- They don’t give up after the first failure.
- They don’t fear alone time.
- They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
- They don’t expect immediate results.